Choosing the best harness for your dog may seem like an easy decision. For many dog owners, it is. But for some dog owners, it can be a real challenge. There are so many styles, sizes, leash hook up locations, and other options that it can take a while to find the perfect one for your dog.
As a dog walker in Toms River, I’ve worked with many different harnesses with all different dog personalities. With some harnesses, you must put the dog’s legs through the leg holes, wrap the harness around the dog and clasp it at their shoulders. Other harnesses sit on the dogs back, wrap around the legs and clasp at the chest. Leash hookups may be at the dog’s chest, shoulders or off to the side.
About a year ago, a friend introduced me to the HarnessLead and I can honestly say that is the best harness out there. I have used it during fun walks with my dogs and they love it, too. I highly recommend this harness to all pet owners – it’s awesome!
Here are some of the things I really like about the HarnessLead:
- It can be used in 3 different ways! As a collar, slip lead or a harness. This is great because depending on where you’re going and what you’re doing with your dog, you can pick a different style to match your goals for that outing.
- It fits any dog! The small size harness lead will fit any dog up to 35 pounds and the regular size harness lead will fit any dog from 35 pounds all the way to your biggest dog! So, that means you won’t have to fumble around with multiple harnesses and leashes.
- It reduces pulling! I have found that while most dog owners buy harnesses to help stop their dogs from pulling, with no formal training, some dogs actually pull more on harnesses than on a collar and leash. However, with the HarnessLead, I have found that it has slowed pullers down and help curb their behavior.
- Dogs can’t back out if it! One of the scarey parts about walking a dog on a regular harness or collar is that if it isn’t sized perfectly, the dog can easily back right out of it. What I like about the HarnessLead is that once you’ve put it on your dog, they can not back out of it. There is a rubber stopper on the lead the prevents the lead from loosening and it is able to gently tighten, which prevents the dog from escaping.
- It doesn’t cause chaffing or irritation. Some dogs are really sensitive in the armpit area to harnesses that are flat because the edges can dig into their skin and cause irritation. The HarnessLead is round, so there is no edge to dig in or irritate their armpits or neck.
- My favorite thing is that its creator is LOCAL!! Lisa is from the Jersey Shore and makes sure her product is produced in the USA. As a small business owner, that is really important to me. I like to utilize local business and give back to my community.
If you want to learn more about how the HarnessLead works, you can visit their website and watch a video.