One of the most commonly asked questions we receive is, “How much does dog training cost in Toms River?” It is a great question but one that is not easily answered. There are so many different training styles and class options, that is is difficult to give an exact answer. Here is a list of items that contribute to the cost of dog training:
How much experience does the trainer have? As with any professional, the level of experience the dog trainer or company has is part of the equation.
- What kind of classes are you looking for – obedience, behavior modification, therapy dog, agility, rally-o, etc? There are so many different types of classes and levels of training.
- Does the trainer offer private or group classes? Private classes are typically held with just you, your dog and the trainer while group classes have many people and dogs participating. The cost of private lessons will be greater than in group classes.
- Does the trainer travel to your home or do you travel to a dog training center? Often times trainers who travel to client’s homes need to charge for their travel time.
- Will you be taking your dog to a trainer’s location and leaving them there for a period of time in which the trainer will teach your dog for you? Campus training is typically a 4-12 week process.
- Is the cost of any necessary training equipment built into the cost of the program? For example electric collars, leashes, or mats.
- Most trainers offer packages for obedience training, so it is important to understand how many weeks or sessions are included in the package.
It is important to have an idea of what you’re looking for in a trainer and know what your goal is going to be. This will make your search more enjoyable and informative. As a result of all the varieties of training, the cost can range from $50-$100 per hour to $180-$1000 per program.